"This is the simplest of recipes for a light gut boosting dessert. Any of the All About Kombucha flavours would be perfect for granita, all you need to do is to freeze it in advance. I paired the delicate raspberry flavour with a live yoghurt and fresh raspberries which makes a delicious, digestive dessert. The All About Kombucha is very low in sugar, so I personally sweetened the yoghurt a little, but that can be entirely up to you." - Cliodhna Prendergast
Raspberry Kombucha Granita w/ Live Yoghurt + Raspberries
1 x 330ml bottle of All About's Organic Raspberry Kombucha
4 tbsp. of chilled thick live natural yoghurt
1 tsp caster sugar
60g / 2 tbsp. fresh raspberries
- Pour the kombucha into a shallow freezer proof dish, roughly 15 x 20 x 4 cm.
- Place in the freezer for about 1 hour, or until frozen.
- Add the sugar to the yoghurt and mix through, then divide between 2 ramekins or small glasses suitable for serving.
- Place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, remove the kombucha from the freezer and allow to sit for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Place the raspberries on top of the chilled yoghurt in each glass.
- Scrape the kombucha with a fork to make granita and share, fluffed up, between the two glasses, piling it gently on top of the raspberries.
- Serve immediately.
Cliodhna made this recipe specifically for the 2022 Irish Food Writers Guild Awards, for which All About Kombucha was awarded the Irish Drink of the Year. This excerpt was pulled from Cliodhna's original article about the award, published on Issuu here.